Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bills, Bills, and More Bills

I'm 20 years old and I got my first job about 1.5 years ago. All of the money I earned from that one-time gig went to paying off the costs of being a commuter. For me, that was my biggest concern.

Now, I wish that paying for gas is the only thing I have to worry about.

Now, I have bills.

And I'm not even a full adult yet.

I can't wait for those years.

Discount my sorority payments, and I've never been late on a payment.

I have a cell phone "bill." And I put quotations around the word "bill" because I have a prepaid cell phone. I pay $25 a month for this. I have a smartphone. My cell phone service is Net10. I have 750 minutes a month to use for talk, text, and web use. Each text only takes .5 a minute from my monthly limit. And, if I think I'm going to have a high rate of cell phone usage, I can always switch to the $50 a month unlimited plan. When Jon and I live together, we will both have a plan like this, and we'll each only have $25 a month for our cell phone.

I also have a car insurance payment that is only $50 a month. I've been lucky in that most months, mom pays my car insurance. HOWEVER, she will no longer be doing that, since I'll be "leaving the nest" soon.

It was my idea.

I have a sorority bill that I have to pay each month. That I'm also behind on. I've spoken with my sisters about this. They know my situation. And they're here for me. The support they offer is something I would pay a billion dollars for, so I don't mind this payment at all!

And last (FOR NOW), I have my credit card payment. Not once have I been able to make my credit card payment in full. I have less than $300 in debt though. Also, I have never been late on this payment. I am incredibly proud of myself for this. Up until now, I've been paying about the minimum payment each month. THAT STOPS THIS YEAR!!!

There.

It's out on the Internet.

I know I don't have a lot of bills.

But, when I agreed to go to a school close to home so I could commute, I never thought I would have to pay any bills until I graduated... (That was supposed to be the plan, fyi.)

But as I grew financially, I realized that I take satisfaction in paying my own bills.

Not only do I pay my own bills, but I pay for my own gas, my own toiletries, and typically my own food.

I have a good idea of what it's going to cost me to pay my bills and provide food and toiletries for myself. Jon, however, is another case...

No comments:

Post a Comment